Thanks for all the people that came to my party! In your goody bag you should have:
- LED Light
- Galvanized Nails
- Copper Tape
- Paper Clips
- 3 Red wires
- 3 Black wires
For this experiment you will need 1-4 lemons (the more you have the longer the LED battery will last!). I recommend having 2 lemons and cutting them in half.
Steps to make the Lemon Battery
- Wrap the bottom of the paper clips with the copper tape. You do not need to wrap the whole paper clip, just the bits that you want to stick into the lemon later.
- If you have less than 4 lemons cut the them so that you have 4 pieces of lemon.
- Stick the copper piece of the paper clip into the lemon. If you want to do this through the skin you should cut the skin first so that you will not damage the copper tape.
- Then put the wires from the copper to the next lemon’s nail, and continue until you have 4 connected.
- With the ends put it on the LED and it should light up!